If anyone wants to take the liberty of translating the german in that picture (i think it’s something from wagner) go ahead and go nuts, all i care about is that they used a collie. there was also a picture of a girl, dressed up as captain ahab, except in a bikini, stabbing some guy who was supposed to be moby dick (he was just wrapped in a white sheet) with a sword, everyone knows swords were a popular way to kill ways. maybe weird german bad conceptual art whales can be killed with swords.
i think someone needs to start a hyde park crime tracking and response blog. just so we can go ahead and finish turning into west rogers park while the u of c turns into a bad ivy league school, right down to people getting rolled on campus and kids having weird racist-themed bacchanalia in the halls of academe. i’m about as indifferent to my personal safety as about anyone else, but i don’t like it when other people start adjusting my personal paranoia.
media review, week of 10/31/05
Operation Be Human expanded to my watching house MD for the first time. i figured i could probably run the risk since i had already seen more than an hour worth of commercials for House MD over the last two baseball playoffs, so might as well trade that in for an episode. Shock outcome: House MD is actually kind of funny, although the plots are um, stupid, and i’m guessing repetitive (This week: House refuses to make an easy diagnosis and instead almost kills the guy but then everyone sees he was right almost all along at the end). I give House MD the halting one snap of approval. I approve because i laughed at it, i disapprove because i was probably half in the bag at the time and more concerned about when i would get to play scrabble next. also, i am sh1tty at scrabble.
New rules of living:
1. We tuck our shirt in, every day, unless it is a sport shirt, in which event do not wear it to work
2. Soup as part of at least 9 meals a week
3. No gum chewing
4. Only walk down streets with businesses on them. When not an option always jog.
5. No more paying for storebought haircuts except as a form of therapy
6. introduce yourself to everyone. no exceptions for awkwardness.
7. jacques demers
Things I would do if I got medical coverage soon
1. Eye exam
2. semiprecious gem inserted into front tooth
3. mouth inspection, intermediate intensity
4. divert some funds into purchasing DVD of miller’s crossing, other films
5. lots of unnecessary prescriptions